The Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) is to organize a virtual Apex Council meeting on Friday, 17th July. In the meeting, the fate of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will also be discussed as the top-most priority.
IPL, which was all set to be played by 29th March, got delayed several times amidst the Coronavirus fears. The tournament was later called-off shortly. Now, BCCI is looking for every possible window to commence the cash-rich T20 league. However, the fate of the league is dependent upon ICC T20 World Cup but as the global body is hanging the decision on the mega-event, BCCI is no more likely to stay patient.
In the meeting, the person in place of Rahul Johri, who stepped down as a CEO lifting the vacancy, will also be appointed. BCCI will be discussing the digital broadcasting partners for itself and IPL along with hiring the new staff for the board. It will also be decided whether to run-up NCA at Bengaluru or not.
BCCI to hold a virtual meeting on Friday, IPL will be discussed as a top-most priority
India Today revealed the following agenda to be discussed in the virtual meeting to be held on Friday, 17th June:
1) IPL- Way forward
2) Domestic cricket schedules
3) FTP- Rescheduling of the England home series for February 2021
4) Tax exemption certificates mandatory for hosting the T20 World Cup in India
5) NCA facility in Bengaluru
6) Extension of contract for BCCI & IPL digital platforms
7) Bihar Cricket Association’s administrative mess
8) Appointment of new staff in the BCCI
9) Procedure to appoint new CEO after Rahul Johri’s resignation
10) Payments to NE states
11) Discussion on Tender for Apparel Partnership.